EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Program Coordinator for The Elevation Project
What is Youth Unlimited?
Flowing out of the mission of Jesus, Greater Vancouver Youth Unlimited relationally engages in holistic work (physical, emotional, mental, social and spiritual) with vulnerable youth* in partnership with the Church and the community.
*In West Abbotsford, we work with predominantly Punjabi youth and families.
Why do we exist?
To see the hope and potential in every young person. To help fill in the gaps in our cities where we are losing our young people. To support youth, families, schools and communities in whatever ways we can.
What does the cross-cultural youth worker do?
- We have a strong focus on loving and serving the Punjabi community.
- Supporting local middle and high schools through noon-hour supervision, coaching sports, going on field trips and attending extracurricular events.
- Engaging young people by planning and organizing after school clubs, evening events and monthly day trips.
- Mentoring youth formally and informally in small groups and in one on one meetings.
- Promoting the ministry within the church, school and the community
- Building a team of ministry partners who give both prayerfully and financially towards Youth Unlimited.
What must the candidate possess to thrive in this position?
- Have an active and healthy relationship with Jesus
- Love young people and have a heart for missions
- Be passionate about discipleship and evangelism
- Be an active participant in a local church
- Have good communication skills
- Able to lead a small team of volunteers
- Have experience with working with vulnerable youth and youth in general
- Comfortable in a multicultural environment
- Able to plan and coordinate meetings, small groups and events
- Work within the context of Abbotsford YU staff team and values
- Able to obtain a class 4 drivers license
What are the working conditions?
- Meeting youth and adults in schools, coffee shops, churches and other public places
- Meeting and working with other YU staff and volunteers
- Salary, expenses, and benefits (if applicable) are all raised by the applicant, with Youth Unlimited support and training. Youth Unlimited staff receive strong support. Average staff retainment is more than 10 years.
- Telephone and computer work at home or in the Abbotsford YU office
- Use of own vehicle to travel to the locations required
- Developing and maintaining partnerships with churches, schools and community organizations
- Occasional evening and weekend work. Occasional day and extended trips
Time Commitment: Full time and part time positions are available
Training: 2-year credentialing training, plus organization-wide and hands-on training ongoing
Supervision and Feedback: Regular meetings with supervisor and c0-workers
Send applications to Dean Klassen: firstname.lastname@example.org