EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Program Director – Street Life Outreach
Lifeteams: School of Youth Outreach – Assistant Director
Lifeteams is a youth ministry training school, discipling and equipping young missionaries through Greater Vancouver Youth Unlimited for the past 18 years. Lifeteams engages young adults who love Jesus with vulnerable youth, in a way that transform both in the process. We are seeking an Assistant Director to join the staff team at our Abbotsford, BC campus, starting in August of 2019.
Lifeteams offers an eight month program of experience-based, college-credited, soul-shaping training, to a team of 8-10 young adults each year. In the delivery of the program, all staff function as mentors, instructors, coaches and disciplers while overseeing elements of the program that fit their individual skill-sets. The Assistant Director would bring his/her particular gifts to this staff team. He or she would work closely with the director, and focus on the areas of mentoring individual students, guiding training experiences, overseeing student practicums, visioning for the future, supervising staff and contributing to the spiritual development of the student community.
The ideal candidate would possess:
- A growing and maturing life in Christ and the willingness to live that out daily before others with openness and candor
- A deep desire to contribute to the personal and spiritual development of young adults
- An informed awareness of the unique gifts and challenges of this generation of young people
- Experience with group process and the building of a healthy team
- Excellent relational skills
- Strong communication ability – both interpersonally and with groups
- Strong organizational ability
- Experience in training, instructing or teaching others
- A background that includes front-line youth work with vulnerable populations
- A competent, professional presence
- Flexibility and discernment
- A background in/positive inclination toward fundraising, and the skills and contacts to develop financial partnerships to cover his/her salary.
- Certification/training in topics related to vulnerable teens such as mental health challenges and youth issues. Training in/understanding of practical theology and culturally responsive evangelism.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a related area with a masters degree preferred
Closing date: May 15th, 2019
To apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to Dean Klassen, Greater Vancouver Youth Unlimited (Human Resources) via email, snail mail or drop them off in person: email@example.com; #115-12975 84th Avenue, Surrey, BC V3W 1B3.
Questions? Feel free to contact Rob Snair, Program Director, for more information at 604-825-1946.