EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Langley Administrative Assistant – (covering a Maternity Leave)
Job Title Communications and Marketing Intern
Reports to Director of Marketing and Communications + Marketing Coordinator
Application Deadline Friday, August 21, 2020
(Because of vacations, resumes received before Aug 14 will be reviewed first)
Presumed Start Date Week of Sept 7, 2020
Classification 32 hours
Location Surrey and/or Vancouver
No. of positions 2 to 4 internship spots available (depends on funding restrictions and applicant quality)
Length of internship 2-3 months (to be determined at the time of the job offer)
Funding for these positions is made possible thanks to the Canadian government. Formerly the Summer Students Grant, these paid internships are no longer limited to students, but available to anyone 30 or under.
We have approval for 8 weeks of funding per student, but depending on the fit of the application, we may be able to offer a 3-month internship, covering the extra costs internally.
Youth Unlimited (YU) in Greater Vancouver is a faith-based, grass-roots, pioneering organization that’s historically been run by innovative outreach workers passionate about reaching kids on the margins. You would be a member of the marketing, communication and development team that is taking YU to the next level of visibility. We are dedicated to building tools and designing systems that improve the marketing and fundraising of our charity so our incredible youth workers can be appropriately resourced to reach out and pull more kids back from falling through the cracks.
As a team, we are responsible for the marketing, advertising, social media and public relations campaigns and activities both internal and external. We also play a role in active fundraising as well as supporting fundraising. As an intern, you will participate in activities related to some, if not all, the areas. There is so much to be done, we are looking for support in a myriad of different areas.
- Support with event-planning fundraisers
- Research and fact-finding
- Social media support
- Analytics (web + social media)
- Some program support
- Website content writing
- Media relations support
- Support for specific team members
- Other duties as required
If the incumbent has experience in the following, then a wider variety of assignments would be available:
- Web design
- Web programing and/or analytics
- Graphic design
- Tactical writing or story-telling
- Be between the ages of 19-30 years old
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
We are looking for interns who:
- Possess a positive attitude
- Either have solid writing experience or a desire to write more
- Have experience with Microsoft Office
- Are team players
- Excellent interpersonal skills, initiative, sound judgment, integrity, reliability and are a team player
- A teachable spirit and willingness to learn
- Access to a vehicle would be extremely helpful
You will report to the Director of Communications and Marketing but will be supervised by the Communications and Marketing Assistant
About Youth Unlimited
Youth Unlimited has been helping young people discover their potential since 1945. With nine chapters in Greater Vancouver, YU provides caring relationships and developmental opportunities for vulnerable youth through relevant programs and individual connections, aimed at fostering mental, physical, social, spiritual and emotional well-being among young people in the community. Formerly called Youth For Christ, Youth Unlimited is a Christian organization and cares for all youth regardless of faith, race, gender or any other trait.
To apply please send resume and coverletter to:
Director of Marketing and Communications, Youth Unlimited
*Resumes that do not include a coverletter will most likely be disregarded