2020 Annual Report
Youth Unlimited (YU) in Greater Vancouver is a faith-based, grass-roots, pioneering organization that offers connection and transformation fostering mental, physical, social, spiritual and emotional well-being among young people in our community. The Elevation Project (www.elevationproject.ca), is Greater Vancouver Youth Unlimited’s partnership with Rwanda Youth for Christ.
As Program Coordinator, you would be working 20 hours a week, based out of our Central Office in Surrey, and are involved in all parts of The Elevation Project. Specific responsibilities include the coordination of the sponsorship program, logistical and practical support of trip teams, program development and partner/sponsor development. The position requires personal fundraising and partner development. Ideally, you can start the position March 1, 2020 (alternate starting date can be discussed).
This job might be for you if:
- You’re a world-changer
- You are passionate about international development
- You are passionate about seeing youth transformed by cross-cultural experiences
- You are comfortable communicating with people from different backgrounds and cultures
- You enjoy making cross-cultural experiences and sharing these stories
- You enjoy being part of a team but thrive on your own as well
- You like having a role in event planning, program design and administration
- You can self-manage, handle different tasks, prioritize and organize yourself.
- You pay attention to detail
- You have an understanding of and appreciation for Christian discipleship culture
- Good communication skills, particularly in writing
- A positive attitude
- Microsoft Office applications experience—specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite –– specifically InDesign and Photoshop
- Social media management experience—specifically Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Good planning, organizing and prioritizing skills and can coordinate shifting workloads and activities
- Excellent interpersonal skills, initiative, sound judgment, integrity, reliability, and are a team player
- An openness for new things, a teachable spirit and the willingness to learn
- A creative mind and good communicative skills
- A personal relationship with Jesus
Extra awesome if you’ve got:
- A post-secondary degree – specifically international development or other related degree
- Social media management software experience
- Photography/videography proficiency
- Web and graphic design proficiency
- Any web/coding knowledge
- Finance database experience
Applying Please send both a cover letter and resume to Dean Klassen via email, snail mail or drop them off in person by Jan 30, 2019: email@example.com; #115-12975 84th Avenue, Surrey, BC V3W 1B3.