Connections February 2020
Greater Vancouver YFC/Youth Unlimited
SURREY ADMIN ASSISTANT
You are an organized, self-motivated and forward-thinking person who loves to support others. With a heart to see youth in need find help and hope, you support Youth Unlimited’s Surrey Area Director and Surrey staff as they work directly with vulnerable and at-risk youth
Your optimism, adaptability and initiative-taking traits will serve you well in this role, as you will be using your resourcefulness to get jobs done efficiently and effectively. The importance of being the team’s right-hand human is that your presence and efforts enrich the work happening across all boards. We need you. Will you rise to the challenge?
What is Youth Unlimited?
Youth Unlimited (YU) in Greater Vancouver is a Christian faith-based, grass-roots, pioneering organization, catalyzed by innovative outreach workers passionate about reaching kids on the margins. YU addresses the holistic health of young people: physical, emotional, mental, social, and spiritual.
Why do we exist?
We exist to enhance the development, health, and safety of young people from communities across the Lower Mainland—especially, young people who lack caring adults in their lives. We do this by building a strong, professional, working relationship with schools, youth agencies, churches, social workers, community workers, and students.
What does an Admin Assistant do?
Working closely with the Surrey Area Director, the Admin Assistant is responsible for the maintenance of administrative jobs and to provide support for the Surrey team to ensure the director and staff are able to excel in their mission.
What must the candidate possess to thrive in the position?
- Optimism and creativity
- Professionalism in verbal and written communication
- Leadership qualities such as enthusiasm, a strong team player and an initiator
- Desire to work in a missions capacity
- Willingness to adapt to new situations
- Ability to work in harmony with Youth Unlimited’s existing staff team
- Ability to work in a team and independently, while being a highly efficient time manager
- Organizational skills and efficiency
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office
What are the working conditions?
- Telephone and computer work at home, coffee shop, & YU office.
- Meeting with staff and other parties in, coffee shops, and other public places
- Use of own vehicle or public transit to travel to required locations
- Collaborating with other Surrey staff, Greater Vancouver staff, and volunteers
- Salary, expenses, and benefits (if applicable) are all raised by the applicant, with YU support
- A strong and supportive team
Time commitment: Part time, 20 hours per week
Supervision and feedback: Regular meetings with supervisor (direct report) and team members.
Send applications to Dean Klassen: email@example.com