Job Title Development Officer, Principle Giving
Reports to Director of Marketing, and Communications
Application Deadline Monday, August 2 @ 11:59PM PST
Location Vancouver or Surrey, BC, Canada
Remuneration Competitive salary, based on experience
Youth Unlimited (YU) passionately believes in the potential of each young person. We pay particular concern to youth on margins—those who lack opportunity, who have experienced trauma, who aren’t coping well or who are falling through the cracks of society. We are dedicated to providing opportunities for them to lead what Jesus calls “lives to the full.” We make genuine connections with young people and support them with the help they need – be it emotional, mental, physical, social or spiritual.
If you’re a fundraiser looking for an exciting challenge, this position might be your calling. The Development Officer will bring this new role to life, as well as advance YU’s fundraising efforts overall. Traditionally, YU’s outreach workers have worn a host of hats as they have to allocate part of their time to fundraising as well as outreach work. More recently, we’ve identified the need for a Development Officer who can fully focus on overall partnership development and stewardship, meeting the needs of a wide range of individual partners and corporate partners, and building new relationships.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build meaningful relationships with current and new partners to broaden and deepen philanthropic commitments to Greater Vancouver Youth Unlimited (GVYU).
- Create tailored requests for support from individuals and groups.
- Move prospects through the donor cycle by conducting research, hosting or participating in events, developing program strategies, and preparing business and or philanthropic proposals. One of the original ways to help accomplish this will be through an event called YUnite Outside (AKA One Night Outside).
- Develop a Legacy Giving program and recruit participation among partners.
- Develop and implement strategies that will open up new partner markets and opportunities.
- Maintain detailed records of donor related activities.
- Ensure timely and appropriate donor contact and recognition.
- Work with supervisor to set and achieve annual fundraising goals and revenue targets and to evaluate portfolio progress.
- Focus will be mid- to high- level partnerships.
- Access to a vehicle is a required, as there will be travel within Greater Vancouver and the Fraser Valley.
- Generally work occurs during regular business hours, but some evening and weekend time will be required to attend events and to adapt to the needs of partners.
- Communication with partners will be in-person (if they allow it), virtual meetings, phone calls, traditional mail and email.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least three years of fundraising experience in a not-for-profit setting
- A Bachelor’s degree or a Diploma from a University or Bible institute (equivalent training and experience may be accepted instead)
- Support for Youth Unlimited’s Statement of Faith
- Adherence to Youth Unlimited’s Code of Conduct and all staff policies
- A commitment to the vision, mission and values of Youth Unlimited
- Proven success with donor prospecting, stewardship and recognition
- A proven track record of securing funding and meeting fundraising targets
- Experience managing a donor pipeline
- Experience with donor management software
- Experience managing complex projects with specific targets.
- Some Experience with individual giving, planned giving and/or monthly giving programs
- A strong ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) in a concise, creative, and persuasive manner—one on one or to a small or large groups
- Excellent relationship-building skills
- Financial management skills
The ideal candidate will be:
- Humble, hungry and relationally smart
- A strong communicator who listens well
- A skilled networker
- Well-organized and process-oriented
- Highly intuitive, personable, friendly and donor-centric
- Approaching each day with optimism and a desire to learn.
About Youth Unlimited
Youth Unlimited has been helping young people discover their potential since 1945. Operating in nine cities across Greater Vancouver, YU provides caring relationships and developmental opportunities for vulnerable youth through relevant programs and individual connections, aimed at fostering mental, physical, social, spiritual and emotional well-being among young people in the community. Formerly called Youth For Christ, Youth Unlimited is a Christian organization and cares for all youth regardless of faith, race, gender or any other trait. www.youthunlimited.com
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your coverletter and resume to Dean Klassen email@example.com
by Monday, August 2 @ 11:59PM