Connections November 2021
Do you have a passion to care for and resource the most vulnerable youth in your community? Do you value love, support and spiritual care as key ingredients to a young person’s holistic well-being? Then a career with Youth Unlimited may be for you. We are currently hiring youth workers to serve in Punjabi and English speaking communities across Abbotsford.
Job Title Youth Unlimited Youth Worker in Abbotsford
Reports to Abbotsford Area Director
Classification Full-time or part-time is possible
About Youth Unlimited
Flowing out of the mission of Jesus, Greater Vancouver Youth Unlimited relationally engages in holistic work (physical, emotional, mental, social and spiritual) with vulnerable youth in partnership with the church and the community. We care deeply about youth as a whole person and serve youth in many ways, with the relational aspect being the most important. See more at www.youthunlimited.com.
About the position
YU youth workers have strong motivation to care for the most vulnerable youth in our community. In the position, the youth worker would:
- Serve in middle and high schools through noon-hour supervision, classroom assistance, coaching, and field trips.
- Engage young people through out of school events, day trips and camps.
- Serve particularly in the Punjabi and English speaking communities across Abbotsford.
- Mentor and disciple youth and families in small groups and in one-on-one settings.
- Create partnerships between Youth Unlimited and churches, schools, and community agencies.
- Build a team of ministry partners who will provide all the funding necessary to pay for the youth worker’s salary, benefits, and ministry expenses.
What must the candidate possess to thrive in the position?
- Compassion and drive to advocate and care for the most vulnerable youth.
- Passion for helping youth connect with their Creator and hope in Jesus.
- Professionalism in verbal and written communication.
- Consistency and boldness in engaging a wide network of financial and community partners.
- Leadership skills, especially in leading small groups of volunteers or youth.
- Comfort and confidence in relating to a wide range of youth (ideally, from past experience).
- Ability to work in harmony with Youth Unlimited’s existing staff team.
- Ability to work in team and independently, while being a highly efficient time manager.
- Ability to plan and coordinate meetings, small groups, and events.
- Meeting youth and adults in public places.
- Use of own vehicle or public transit to travel to required locations.
- Collaborating with other Abbotsford staff, Greater Vancouver staff, volunteers and community partners.
- Developing and maintaining partnerships with individuals, schools, and community organizations.
- Occasional evening work, weekend work, day trips, and extended trips.
- Salary, expenses, and benefits (if applicable) are all raised by the applicant, with Youth Unlimited support and training. Partial funding may be supplied through grants and partnerships. Please discuss with us!
Youth Unlimited salaries are set by a board of directors and our frontlines salaries are at the upper levels of industry standards. Youth Unlimited staff receive strong support. Average staff retainment is more than 10 years.
How to apply:
Applications will close once the position is filled. If the job opening is still available online, then the position is available.
Please send applications to Dean Klassen: firstname.lastname@example.org