2023 Annual Report
Many of the youth we serve either live in low income families, are first generation Canadians, have mental health challenges, or have never had a connection with a church. If you feel compassion for youth like this, then a career with Youth Unlimited may be for you. We are currently hiring a youth worker to serve in a South Asian community in Abbotsford with teen and pre-teen youth and their families.
Job Title Youth Worker
Reports to Abbotsford Area Director
Classification Full-time or Part-time
About Youth Unlimited
Flowing out of the mission of Jesus, Greater Vancouver Youth Unlimited relationally engages in holistic work (physical, emotional, mental, social and spiritual) with vulnerable youth in partnership with the church and the community.
In this position, the youth worker would:
- Provide spaces for youth to learn about Jesus
- Support youth in school (academics, arts, shop class, sports, lunch time, and more)
- Run clubs, hang out times, and daytrips
- Mentor and disciple youth one-to-one
- Create partnerships between Youth Unlimited and churches, schools, and community agencies
- Create a team of ministry partners who help fund the youth worker’s salary, benefits, and ministry expenses. You may qualify for a fund that Abbotsford has in place to assist new staff.
What must the candidate possess to thrive in the position?
- An active and healthy relationship with Jesus
- A passion to help youth come to know Jesus
- A deep concern for vulnerable youth
- Active in a local church
- Flexible hours, hybrid work locations
- Personalized job descriptions
- Work in a team
- Monthly personal prayer days & optional spiritual retreats
- Financial coverage of ongoing education
- Physical health memberships (gym membership, fitness equipment etc)
- Benefits package (dental, physio, counselling, life insurance, travel, RSP’s etc.)
- Apprenticeship options
- Leadership development
Please contact email@example.com and let us know if you would like to learn more by visiting one of our ministries, volunteering, completing your internship with us, or completing our 1-year apprenticeship program.
How to apply:
Applications will close once the position is filled. If the job opening is still available online, then the position is available.
To apply for a full-time or part-time role at Youth Unlimited in Abbotsford:
Please send applications to Dean Klassen: firstname.lastname@example.org