Youth Unlimited Youth Worker for Cherub’s Inn – Mission
Do you have a passion to care for and resource the most vulnerable youth in your community? Do you value love, support and spiritual care as key ingredients to a young person’s holistic well-being? Then a career with Youth Unlimited may be for you.
Job Title: Youth Worker at Cherub’s Inn
Reports to: Mission Area Director
Classification: Part time, 24 hours per week (may develop into 40-hour position)
Location: Mission, Cherub’s Inn
Youth Unlimited (YU) in Greater Vancouver is a Christian-based, grass-roots, pioneering organization, catalyzed by innovative outreach workers, passionate about reaching youth on the margins. We care deeply about youth as a whole person and serve youth in many ways, with the relational aspect being the most important.
“Flowing out of the mission of Jesus, GVYU relationally engages in wholistic work with vulnerable youth, in partnership with the church and the community.” See more at www.youthunlimited.com.
What is Cherub’s Inn?
The successful candidate, hired by Youth Unlimited, will work in partnership with Cherub’s Inn.
Cherub’s Inn 3 in 1 services – maternity house; daycare; and special care nursery.
- Cherub’s Inn Maternity House is a safe place of refuge offering relief and support for teen (and young adult) pregnant women who feel frightened and alone by providing a variety of practical supports and resources during pregnancy and post delivery.
Cherub’s Inn takes a holistic approach to addressing daily physical needs as well as walking alongside women and their families to enhance their emotional, mental, spiritual and relational healing and restoration.
- Cherub’s Inn Daycare services strives to provide a strong compassionate network of care around each child allowing them to discover, learn, dream, and create.
- Cherub’s Inn special care nursery will care for, nurture, hold and comfort infants in their first few months of life that are (temporarily) in the care of the Ministry of Children and Families
Cherub’s Inn is where love, hope and future meet – bringing potential to life.
What does a Youth Unlimited Youth Worker at Cherub’s Inn do?
A youth worker has a strong motivation in life to care for the most vulnerable youth in our community. Activities will be focused on providing holistic care for youth connected to Cherubs Inn, as well as working with the rest of the Mission Youth Unlimited team in organizing, leading, facilitating, and networking in relation to Cherub’s Inn and the greater Youth Unlimited.
What must the candidate possess to thrive in the position?
- Compassion and drive to advocate and care for the most vulnerable youth
- Passion for helping youth connect with their Creator and hope in Jesus
- Professionalism in verbal and written communication
- Consistency and boldness in engaging a wide network of financial and community partners
- Leadership skills, especially in leading small groups of volunteers or youth
- Comfort and confidence in relating to a wide range of youth (ideally, from past experience)
- Ability to work in harmony with Youth Unlimited’s existing staff team
- Ability to work in team and independently, while being a highly efficient time manager
- Ability to plan and coordinate meetings, small groups, and events
Working conditions & How to apply:
- Phone and computer work at home, coffee shop or Cherubs Inn.
- Meeting youth and adults in Cherubs Inn, coffee shops, and other public places
- Use of own vehicle or public transit to travel to required locations
- Collaborating with other Mission staff, Greater Vancouver staff, volunteers and Cherubs Inn community partners
- Developing and maintaining partnerships with individuals, schools, and community orgs
- Occasional evening work, weekend work, day trips, and extended trips
- Salary, expenses, and benefits (if applicable) are all raised by the applicant, with Youth Unlimited support and training. Partial funding may be supplied through grants and partnerships. Please discuss with us!
Youth Unlimited salaries are set by a board of directors and are at the upper levels of industry standards. Youth Unlimited staff receive strong support. Average staff retainment is more than 10 years.
Training: 2-year credentialing training, plus organization-wide and hands-on training ongoing.
Supervision and feedback: Regular meetings with supervisor (direct report) and team members.
Applications will close once position is filled. If the job opening is still available online, the position will still be available.
Please send applications to Dean Klassen: firstname.lastname@example.org