2023 Annual Report
Do you have a passion to care for and resource the most vulnerable youth in your community? Do you value love, support and spiritual care as key ingredients to a young person’s holistic well-being? Then a career with Youth Unlimited may be for you. We are currently hiring youth workers to serve in communities across Langley.
Title: Creative Life Coordinator/Youth Worker
Reports to: Langley Area Director
About Youth Unlimited
Flowing out of the mission of Jesus, Greater Vancouver Youth Unlimited relationally engages in holistic work (physical, emotional, mental, social and spiritual) with vulnerable youth in partnership with the church and the community. We care deeply about youth as a whole person and serve youth in many ways, with the relational aspect being the most important. See more at www.youthunlimited.com.
To work in the Langley area, in cooperation with Langley Area Director and other Langley staff, to help the vision of Langley move forward – where our dream is for the youth of Langley to have the means to live a healthy life: physically, emotionally, socially, intellectually and spiritually.
This is a community youth worker position with a focus on building transformational relationships through art.
What must the candidate possess to thrive in the position?
- Compassion and drive to advocate and care for the most vulnerable youth.
- Passion for helping youth connect with their Creator and hope in Jesus.
- Professionalism in verbal and written communication.
- Consistency and boldness in engaging a wide network of financial and community partners.
- Leadership skills, especially in leading small groups of volunteers or youth.
- Comfort and confidence in relating to a wide range of youth (ideally, from past experience).
- Ability to work in harmony with Youth Unlimited’s existing staff team.
- Ability to work in team and independently, while being a highly efficient time manager.
- Ability to plan and coordinate meetings, small groups, and events.
- Meeting youth and adults in public places.
- Use of own vehicle or public transit to travel to required locations.
- Collaborating with other Langley staff, Greater Vancouver staff, volunteers and community partners.
- Developing and maintaining partnerships with individuals, schools, and community organizations.
- Occasional evening work, weekend work, day trips, and extended trips.
- Salary, expenses, and benefits (if applicable) are all raised by the applicant, with Youth Unlimited support and training. Partial funding may be supplied through grants and partnerships. Please discuss with us!
Youth Unlimited salaries are set by a board of directors and our frontlines salaries are at the upper levels of industry standards. Youth Unlimited staff receive strong support. Average staff retainment is more than 10 years.
How to apply:
Applications will close once the position is filled. If the job opening is still available online, then the position is available.
Please send applications to: email@example.com