Calling all sleepers and supporters: Here’s an easy and tangible way to give back
Each week we are connected with many of our community’s most vulnerable youth. Street Life’s resource-packed RV reaches youth in need of resources, referrals, and relationships. The Mission Youth House is safe house and youth shelter, open for groceries, showers, laundry, communal meals, connections to doctors or counselors, and relationships with our youth workers.
Here’s how to help fill the gaps: Let your community know that they can provide the following to you to, and bring these items to your YUnite outside sleeping location.
What’s Needed: General
- Socks – *must be new
- Underwear – *must be new
- Coats and jackets that protect against the cold and/or rain
- Sleeping bags
- Gloves or mittens
- Lysol Wipes
- Personal hand sanitizers (not meant for multi-use)
- Personal care items: deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, shampoo, conditioner, tampons, facewash,
What’s Needed: Groceries
- Non-perishable groceries
- Grocery store gift cards for perishables (the lesser expensive grocery stores stretch further)
- Fast food gift cards (including healthier places like Subway and Tim Horton’s)
*Please bring items that are new or gently used. We want to offer dignity, encouragement and support. Thank you so much for your generosity. You are changing the lives of these youth.
Items can also be received any day during business hours at:
- Surrey Office: 12975 84 Ave, Surrey (604) 590-3759
- Abbotsford Office: 2760 Emerson St #1, Abbotsford