Administrative/Communications Assistant for Lifeteams School and Lifeteams Resources
The Mandate of Lifeteams is to increase the quantity and quality of faith-based youth work with vulnerable youth in Canada. This is accomplished through Lifeteams School of Youth Outreach and Lifeteams Resources.
Lifeteams is a ministry of Youth Unlimited (YU) of Greater Vancouver. YU is a faith-based, grass-roots, pioneering organization that offers connection and transformation fostering mental, physical, social, spiritual and emotional well-being among young people in our community.
As Administrative/Communications Assistant, you would be working 16 hours a week doing the tasks and projects necessary to administratively support Lifeteams staff in the running of an 8 month training program and an online resource bank for youth workers. You would also care for our online presence and resources, including updating and managing our website. This contract position is based out of Abbotsford (with the possibility of working out of your home).
This job might be for you if you:
• Enjoy working independently on projects but function well on a team • Are an initiative taker and creative thinker • Are trust-worthy and professional • Are intuitive in the creation of appealing visual and written communication • Enjoy accomplishing tasks and taking care of the details that impact the bigger picture • Have an understanding of, and appreciation for, Christian culture and young adults
Essential skills and experiences:
• Administrative support skills which would include a strong familiarity with things such as Excel, Mailchimp, WordPress, Powerpoint, and Adobe Creative Suite (or similar).
• Strong communication skills, particularly in writing and on telephone
• Social media skills and experience
• Planning, organizing and prioritizing skills along with the flexibility to coordinate a shifting workload
• Interpersonal skills, initiative, sound judgment, reliability, and flexibility
• A teachable spirit and willingness to learn and collaborate with others
We’d be very excited if you’ve also got:
• Project design and marketing experience
To Apply: Please send a cover letter stating why this job fits you at a skill level and at a heart level. Include a resume with 3 references and forward package to Dean Klassen by September 8st, 2017 via email – email@example.com or snail mail to #115-12975 84th Avenue, Surrey, BC V3W 1B3.
Posted on August 10, 2017