Youth Unlimited Communications Marketing Summer Intern (Paid Internship)
Job Title Communications and Marketing Intern
Reports to Director of Marketing and Communications
Application Deadline Thursday, May 24, 2018
Start Date TBD: June (10 weeks total)
Classification 30 hours/week
Location Surrey and/or Vancouver
# of positions 2 to 3 internship spots available
Hourly Wage $12.65
Youth Unlimited (YU)in Greater Vancouver is a faith-based, grass-roots, pioneering organization that’s historically been run by innovative outreach workers passionate about reaching kids on the margins. You would be a member of the newly-formed marketing team that is taking YU to the next level of visibility and communication. We are dedicated to building tools and designing systems that improve the marketing and fundraising of our charity so our incredible youth workers can be appropriately resourced to reach out and pull more kids back from falling through the cracks.
As a team, we are responsible for the marketing, advertising, social media and public relations campaigns and activities both internal and external. As an intern you will participate in activities related to some, if not all, the areas. There is so much to be done, we are looking for support in a myriad of different areas, some of may depend on your skillset and experience.
- Support with event-planning for YU’s November Fundraisers
- Research + special reports
- Some program support
- Website content writing
- Media relations
- Other duties as required
If the incumbent has experience in the following, then a wider variety of assignments would be available:
- Videography + video editing
- Web design
- Web programing and/or analytics
- Graphic design
- Social Media
- Tactical writing or story-telling
- These jobs are provided thanks to a grant from the Canadian Summer Jobs program. As such, the applicant must have been a student in the past year (12 credits or more) and must be intending to return to school in the fall.
- A “student” can refer to anyone in high school, under grad, graduate or post-graduate, and it could apply to a technical school.
- Students must be 18-30 (inclusive)
- Students must be a Canadian Citizen or permanent resident
We are looking for interns who:
- Have a positive attitude
- Either have solid writing experience or a desire to write more
- Have experience with Microsoft Office
- Are team players
- Excellent interpersonal skills, initiative, sound judgment, integrity, reliability and are a team player
- A teachable spirit and willingness to learn
- Access to a vehicle would be extremely helpful
*You will be paired up with at least one other summer intern, working at times as a team and at times independently.
*You will report to the Director of Communications and Marketing but will also be supervised by the Marketing and Communications Coordinator.
About Youth Unlimited
Youth Unlimited has been helping young people discover their potential since 1944. With nine chapters in Greater Vancouver, YU provides caring relationships and developmental opportunities for vulnerable youth through relevant programs and individual connections, aimed at fostering mental, physical, social, spiritual and emotional well-being among young people in the community. Formerly called Youth For Christ, Youth Unlimited is a Christian organization and cares for all youth regardless of faith, race, gender or any other trait.
To apply please send resume and cover letter to:
Director of Marketing and Communications, Youth Unlimited
Posted on May 14, 2018