Job Title Communications and Marketing Intern
Reports to Director of Marketing and Communications
Application Deadline May 10, 2017
Start Date Flexible within May to July (9 weeks total)
Classification 40 hours
Location Surrey and/or Vancouver
Youth Unlimited (YU) in Greater Vancouver is a faith-based, grass-roots, pioneering organization that’s historically been run by innovative outreach workers passionate about reaching kids on the margins. You would be a member of the newly-formed marketing team that is taking YU to the next level of visibility and communication. We are dedicated to building tools and designing systems that improve the marketing and fundraising of our charity so our incredible youth workers can be appropriately resourced to reach out and pull more kids back from falling through the cracks.
As a team, we are responsible for the marketing, advertising, social media and public relations campaigns and activities both internal and external. As an intern you will participate in activities related to some, if not all, the areas. There is so much to be done, we are looking for support in a myriad of different areas.
- Support with event-planning for YU’s November Fundraisers
- Research + special reports
- Some program support
If the incumbent has experience in the following, then a wider variety of assignments would be available:
- Web design
- Web programing and/or analytics
- Graphic design
- Social Media
- Tactical writing or story-telling
- This job is provided thanks to a grant from the Canadian Summer Jobs program. As such, the applicant must have been a student this past year (12 credits or more) and must be intending to return to school in the fall (taking 15 credits or more).
- A “student” can refer to anyone in high school, undergraduate, graduate or post-graduate, and it could apply to a technical school.
We are looking for interns who:
- Have a positive attitude
- Either have solid writing experience or a desire to write more
- Have experience with Microsoft Office
- Are team players
- Excellent interpersonal skills, initiative, sound judgment, integrity and reliability
- A teachable spirit and willingness to learn
- Access to a vehicle would be extremely helpful
*You will be paired up with at least one other summer intern, working at times as a team and at times independently.
*You will report to the Director of Communications and Marketing but will be supervised by the Communications and Marketing Assistant
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to:
Director of Marketing and Communications, Youth Unlimited
About Youth Unlimited
Youth Unlimited has been helping young people discover their potential since 1944. With nine chapters in Greater Vancouver, YU provides caring relationships and developmental opportunities for vulnerable youth through relevant programs and individual connections, aimed at fostering mental, physical, social, spiritual and emotional well-being among young people in the community. Formerly called Youth For Christ, Youth Unlimited is a Christian organization and cares for all youth regardless of faith, race, gender or any other trait.
Posted on April 27, 2017