Connections April 2022
Do you have a passion to care for and resource the most vulnerable youth in your community? Do you value love, support and spiritual care as key ingredients to a young person’s holistic well-being? Then a career with Youth Unlimited may be for you. We are currently hiring a youth worker to serve in communities across Langley.
Title: Youth Worker
Reports to: Langley Area Director
Classification: Full-time or part-time
About Youth Unlimited
Flowing out of the mission of Jesus, Greater Vancouver Youth Unlimited relationally engages in holistic work (physical, emotional, mental, social and spiritual) with vulnerable youth in partnership with the church and the community. We care deeply about youth as a whole person and serve youth in many ways, with the relational aspect being the most important. See more at www.youthunlimited.com.
Working in cooperation with the Langley Area Director and other Langley staff, a high school youth support worker with YU focuses primarily on volunteering in our local schools, one on one mentoring, and participation in YU Langley programs. They are extra support to students and staff in the school, and have a heart to see students thrive mentally, physically, socially, spiritually and emotionally.
What must the candidate possess to thrive in the position?
- Compassion and drive to advocate and care for the most vulnerable youth.
- Passion for helping youth connect with their Creator and hope in Jesus.
- Professionalism in verbal and written communication.
- Consistency and boldness in engaging a wide network of financial and community partners.
- Leadership skills, especially in leading small groups of volunteers or youth.
- Comfort and confidence in relating to a wide range of youth (ideally, from past experience).
- Ability to work in harmony with Youth Unlimited’s existing staff team.
- Ability to work in team and independently, while being a highly efficient time manager.
- Ability to plan and coordinate meetings, small groups, and events.
- Meeting youth and adults in public places.
- Use of own vehicle or public transit to travel to required locations.
- Collaborating with other Langley staff, Greater Vancouver staff, volunteers and community partners.
- Developing and maintaining partnerships with individuals, schools, and community organizations.
- Occasional evening work, weekend work, day trips, and extended trips.
- Salary, expenses, and benefits (if applicable) are all raised by the applicant, with Youth Unlimited support and training. Partial funding may be supplied through grants and partnerships. Please discuss with us!
Youth Unlimited salaries are set by a board of directors and our frontlines salaries are at the upper levels of industry standards. Youth Unlimited staff receive strong support. Average staff retainment is more than 10 years.
How to apply:
Applications will close once the position is filled. If the job opening is still available online, then the position is available.
Please send applications to: langleyyu@youthunlimited ATTN: Jon