Connections November 2023
Artistic Director – Creative Life
Reports to: Vancouver Area Director
Classification: Full-time (32 hours/week), Salary (fundraising required)
Location: East Vancouver
About Youth Unlimited:
Flowing out of the mission of Jesus, Greater Vancouver Youth Unlimited relationally engages in holistic work (physical, emotional, mental, social and spiritual) with vulnerable youth in partnership with the church and the community. We care deeply about youth as a whole person and serve youth in many ways, with the relational aspect being the most important. See more: www.youthunlimited.com.
Creative Life is an initiative engaging young people in Vancouver living with mental health challenges, navigating poverty, living homeless, or otherwise on the margins. The Artistic Director is responsible for defining and implementing the overall vision and direction of the program, while helping to maintain the health of the staff and volunteer team. All work will be performed within a community-minded team approach.
- Help provide the vision and guidance for the direction of the program.
- Recruit and manage a team of studio volunteers.
- Supervision and support for the Creative Life staff team.
- Responsible for funding of the program through grant-writing, fundraising, and networking opportunities.
- Developing and maintaining excellent working relationships with community partners and networks through collaboration and promotion.
- Maintaining budget and program reports necessary for effective program functioning and evaluation.
- Flexible work schedule depending on studio schedule and needs
- Supervision and feedback: Regular meetings with direct report and team members
What must the candidate possess to thrive in the position?
- Have a passion for creativity and art-making.
- Are a gatherer; a person who can get people excited to get involved in our community.
- Are a creative, entrepreneurial leader.
- Are outgoing, self-motivated, and have high people skills; able to work within a team atmosphere yet can crush it solo.
- Have excellent problem-solving, organizational and communication skills
- able to communicate with a diverse group of people, with a wide variety of experience and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Have lived experience, or deep knowledge of poverty and oppression.
- Participate in the Christian faith.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com by December 1st.