Connections November 2023
Title: Young Dads Program Coordinator with Young Families
Reports to: Young Families Director
About Youth Unlimited
Flowing out of the mission of Jesus, Greater Vancouver Youth Unlimited relationally engages in holistic work (physical, emotional, mental, social and spiritual) with vulnerable youth in partnership with the church and the community. We care deeply about youth as a whole person and serve youth in many ways, with the relational aspect being the most important. See more: www.youthunlimited.com.
Youth Unlimited in Surrey is situated on the traditional unceded territories of the Katzie, Semiahmoo, Kwantlen and other Coast Salish Peoples. We are looking for a visionary that has a heart for young fathers in Surrey. For many years, we have seen the gap of care for young dads within our program. The successful applicant needs to be excited and motivated to listen to the voice of young dads so that a relevant and supportive space can exist for young fathers to belong to, grow with and thrive in. They will join, in a leadership capacity, a visionary team who is passionate about investing in the holistic health of young parents and their families. The Young Families program is situated within the larger Surrey Youth Unlimited team, extending to Greater Vancouver Youth Unlimited. It can be a part-time or full-time position with our faith based organization.
What must the candidate possess to thrive in the position?
- Compassion and drive to advocate and care for the most vulnerable youth.
- Passion for helping youth connect with their Creator and hope in Jesus.
- Consistency and boldness in engaging a wide network of financial and community partners to implement and begin a new initiative to support young fathers in Surrey.
- Comfort and confidence in relating to young fathers.
- A big dreamer with the skills to strategize, coordinate, implement and maintain a new program.
- Ability to work in harmony with Youth Unlimited’s existing staff team.
- Ability to work in a team and independently, while being a highly efficient time manager.
- Ability to plan, coordinate and maintain meetings, community connections and partnerships.
- Attention to detail and consistent follow-through.
- Able to supervisor and manage future volunteers and staff within the Young Dad’s program.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Use of own vehicle or public transit to travel to Young Families events, schools, community partners and one on one meetings in the community.
- Work alongside other Youth Unlimited staff and volunteers, developing and maintaining partnerships with individuals, schools, and community organizations.
- Salary, expenses, and benefits (if applicable) are all raised by the applicant, with Youth Unlimited support and training. Partial funding may be supplied through grants and partnerships. Please discuss with us!
- Training: 2-year credentialing training, ongoing relevant training.
- Supervision and feedback: Regular meetings with direct report and team members.
Youth Unlimited salaries are set by a board of directors and our frontlines salaries are at the upper levels of industry standards. Youth Unlimited staff receive strong support. Average staff retainment is more than 10 years.
How to apply:
Applications will close once the position is filled. If the job opening is still available online, then the position is available.
Please send applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org